The Department of Psychopedagogical and Professional Orientation (DOPP) is the school organ that has the function of providing recources to the teachers to adapt to the particularities of each student, working in an interdisciplinary way. Nonetheless, it's also a support for the students and families of the center.
The Department is formed by:
Laura Ortiz: email@example.com
Licenced in Psychopedagogy and Clinical Psychology at the Psychology and Education and Sports Sciences Faculty at Blanquerna. University Ramon Llull
Mª Luz Martínez: for ESO and Baccalaureate . firstname.lastname@example.org
Licenced in Clinical Psychology at University of Barcelona. UB
Objectives of DOPP
- Tending to diversity
- Detecting NEE and stablishing coordinations with EAP.
- Collaborating with the teachers in the elaboration of individualized plans (PI).
- Doing a follow up with external professionals.
- Attention and support of the Singular Project students.
- Professional and academic orientation.
- Evaluation of basic and curricular competences.
- Orientation of the families in the evolutionary process of their children.
- Hosting of newcome students and attention to new families.
- Development of the Project family-school ("we grow together")
- Counsel in education in values and management of emotions.
- These performances are specified in the three intervention areas: in relation to the center, to the students and to the family.
In relation to the center/teachers:
- Advising and guiding the teaching team in relation to strategies that facilitate the answer to the diversity in students.
- Mainaining the follow up with teachers and tutors.
- Facilitating and coordinating the intervention of DOPP with external services (therapists, psychologists, speech therapists...)
In relation to the students:
- Providing direct support to the students with special educational needs and learning, behaviour and/or relationship difficulties inside or outside the classroom.
- Creating a space of mediation in order to maintain a good coexistence between all the members of the educational community.
- Creating adapted materials and applying relevant protocols for the students that require it.
- Activities rooted towards the facilitation of social integration of students with relationship issues inside their group and in school life.
- Advising about the transition to professional and/or academic life.
In relation to the families:
- Guiding and collaborating with the families of the students that recquire counceling by DOPP.
- Organizing talks on the subjects of education in order to provide a space to the families where they can solve doubts and share daily life situations.