The Lleó XIII School, during all its history, has been characterized by dedicating all the resources in its reach to provide a quality teaching. The dedication and implication of the whole teaching team is rooted towards achieving that every single one of our students, with the tenacity that daily work requires, manages to move forward with his/her studies, there's no reward without an effort, and this is stated in our IDEOLOGY. We have a humane team prepared and with experience to achieve the future challanges that, nowadays, we are presented with by the teaching world.
Having said this, we are a school that believes in:
- Learning by projects to stimulate the research and team work capacity of our students,
- The stimulation of the curiosity for knowledge and experimentacion of learning from early ages,
- The work of the teaching team to treat individually the capacities of each student, according to his/her needs,
- The combination of disciplines like sport, music or dance with the regulated studies: Our Singular Project facilitates this possibility,
- Learning of foreign languages: our students take english from kindergarden and french from 5th grade of Primary School. We have exchange programs and stays abroad to do a linguistic immersion with the goal of enhancing the learning, not only of the language, but also of the culture of the country. Our school is a recognized center for the preparation of Cambridge exams,
- Personal and emotional accompaniment of students that need specific attention: accurate follow up through Tutoring and the Department of Psychopedagogical Orientation, with more than 80 weekly hours of direct personalized attention.
- Intellectual growth of our students to be able to coexist in a plural and diverse world: we work on disciplines through specific projects,
- Comprehensive preparation of the students to turn them into autonomous, competent people with a critical spirit,
- Integral training to give them a balance between their technical preparation and their humane, civic and solidary preparation.
- Education for the protection of the environment. We are a green sustainable school recognized by the Ajuntament de Barcelona. We are inserted in the program Agenda 21.
It's because of all these characteristics that we define ourselves like an active, dynamic, plurilingual school, prepared to lead projects inside our center that require great pedagogical, structural and functional flexibility; open to understanding different realities and individual needs that cover academic aspects but also personal, social/cultural aspects of each family that comes to us.
We believe in a methodology based on experience but also in the work and study of the knowledge sources; we bet on the new technologies, but without leaving aside the more conventional tools that provide the balance counterpoint that every leading methodology requires.
We are praised by an experience of over 50 years
in accompanying and preparing students.