Learning to learn
At our School, children are the main characters in their own learning process. They attribute us themselves what interests them, only by observing what they do, what they show curiosity for, they indicate us how we have to guide them in order to help them discover the exciting world that surrounds them and design the pathway to their own discovery. Parting from close situations, the children express what they want to know and how they want to discover about it, we let them wander, explore and ask questions: what is that?, what can I do?, what happens if..? This way the student him/herself is the subject of his/her own learning.
Through the projects we work on in the classroom we promote that the child acquires the knowledge in a more experiential and significant way.
We bet on the learning of foreign languages
- The teachers will act as facilitators of an environment where the expectations of the students are created.
- Learning in a globalized and autonomous way, in such a manner that knowledge and the different experiences remain connected.
- Selecting and organizing the contents and presenting class activities through the necessary means in order for the students to learn and develop capacities.
- Adapting the teaching to tend to the diversity, particularities and interests of the students.
- Offering globalized propositions, integrating the knowledge, providing functionality to the learnings and developping personal autonomy of the students.
- Working with knowledge, relfection and coordination with the other teachers.
- Digital boards in the classrooms
- Introduction of tablets to the classrooms.
- Use of apps for mobile devices that encourage a more dynamic and creative learning both on the students and teachers' side.
In a globalizing world that continues to diversify, we want for our students to learn different languages. Our School has started a multilingual project that allows us to acquire a high degree of competence in this area.
The learning of the english language from early ages is part of an educational process of socialization that, nowadays, can be considered as fundamental inside a modern program of multi and intercultural education. This initiation of learning also encourages the consolidation and full acquisition of this language.
In the stage of Kindergarden of our school we prioritize the learning of the english language, it's for this reason that at P3 and P4 practically the whole schedule is taught in this language. At P5, except for the time dedicated to the learning of reading in the vehicular language, the rest of the schedule is also taught in english.